Aachen is next to the Dutch border. The influences of the region, both on Dutch and on the German side, run smoothly into each other. The Lousberg is just north of the city ring. This hill is a striking eyecatcher in the city and lies at 264 meters above sea level. You have a beautiful view of Aachen from this point.
There is also a historic route through the city, Route Charlemagne. This route takes you past a large number of beautiful historic buildings, including Haus Löwenstein, a former residence and guest house, the Büchelpalais, which until 1752 was the grain silo of the city and the famous Dom of Aachen. It was the first German monument on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The main shopping streets of Aachen are located in the immediate vicinity of Aachen Cathedral and the old town hall. The largest and most important shopping street in Aachen is the Adalbertkirchestrasse. The smaller boutiques and restaurants can be found in the shopping streets in the Altstad van Aken, the shops are closed on sunday. Here is also plenty of opportunity to enjoy the real German cuisine.
Departure days and times may differ from the brochures due to changes and public holidays.
- You can book up to 15 hours before the departure time of the tour;
- Departure on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday at 9:00 AM.
- Christmas Market: 22 November to 23 December 2019;
- Ealybird discount 10%
- Adults: € 90,00 p.p.;
- Children: € 50,00 p.c. (child rates apply for children from 4 to 12 years);
- All prices on our website are per person, unless stated otherwise.
Departure & pick-up information
- Departure on Friday to Tuesday at 9:00 AM. ;
- You must be present at least 15 minutes before departure;
- There are 4 pick-up locations you can choose from:
- The Heineken Brewery, Stadhouderskade 78, 1072 AE Amsterdam. Check the location in Google Maps here;
- Johan Cruijff ArenA (Station Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA) in front of the Burger King, Hoogoordplein 604, 1102 DS Amsterdam. Check the location in Google Maps here;
- Schiphol Airport Departure Hall 3. The shuttle bus that goes from your hotel to schiphol airport will drop you off between arrival hall 3 and 4. If you go inside and go to the first floor with the elevator or stairs, you will arrive at departure hall 3. You will be picked up at door A for your tour. We can be recognized by a sign with our logo.
- If you want to be picked up from your accommodation or location, enter the pick-up address on the booking form. Your pick-up time will be communicated by email 12-14 hours before the departure time. If you did not get this confirmation email, please contact us 12 hours before departure of your tour +31 202200155. Please check your SPAM box before contacting us and make sure your telephone number is correct.
- Duration of the tour: aprox. 12 hours.
- These are small-group tours that have a longer duration than other tour operators. We also offer a free bottle of water and a traditional Dutch snack per person during all tours and for the children there is an extra free traditional snack;
- Weather or no weather, we are always prepared for you to enjoy your tour. That is why we always have umbrellas and rain ponchos with us;
- Meals are not included in the tour.