BRUSSELS - BRUGES - GHENT TOUR
Brussels is bustling and alive. It has its own typical folklore and regional dishes. There is a lot to see and visit in Brussels. Discover the Brussels architectural gems, such as the Atomium and in the historic center you will find the royal palace, the Grote Markt (Town Square), the Jubelpark, a few very interesting museums and the world famous Manneken Pis.
If you take a stroll through Brussels, you will notice that there are a number of cartoon characters like frescos adorning the city. Since 1993, a number of cartoon characters have been scattered throughout the city as wall paintings. Several Belgian comic artists from, among others, Suske en Wiske, Tintin, Asterix and Obelix and Gaston Lagaffe can be seen on different walls of buildings. The route goes through some 31 walls throughout the city.
The district of Grand Sablon is known for its quantity of antique shops, couturiers, restaurants and chocolatiers.
Every week there is a fantastic antique market to find between all kinds of antique shops and shops with the tastiest pasties. Nearby are the Lieve Vrouwekerk and the Sablon church with its impressive picturesque garden with statues. All year round on Saturday 09.00 - 18.00.
The medieval city of Bruges is one of the most visited places in Belgium. The historic city has a lot of cultural heritage, so that tourists from both home and abroad visit the city on a massive scale. It is therefore not surprising that the historical center of Bruges as a whole is on the World Heritage List of UNESCO.
Those who visit the center of Bruges will notice that the city has retained its appearance for a very large part. The old buildings, streets and squares have merged in a beautiful way with the more modern construction and appearance. But Bruges is not just a collection of beautiful architecture, squares and streets. It is a city where Burgundian life still occupies an important place. As a good Burgundian you can fully enjoy delicious food and drinks in Bruges. For lovers of chocolate, Bruges is a mecca. You can buy delicious chocolate products from more than fifty local chocolatiers here!
Ghent is one of the nicest cities to visit in Belgium. Less city than Antwerp and less an open-air museum than Bruges. Ghent is an atmospheric city where the former wealth is still clearly visible in the city center. The "skyline" of medieval Ghent was / is defined by three towers built in the middle of the city center in one row. It is also called the Ghent tower row. It is not for nothing that Ghent is popular among tourists as a destination for a day or a few days. Visitors mainly visit the many cultural-historical buildings, museums and the atmospheric nightlife.
A large part of the historic city center of Ghent is car-free, so that the streets are largely free of polluting noisy cars. This creates a certain peace in the center that benefits the atmosphere in the city.
If you want to look at Ghent from a different angle, a boat trip on the canals is definitely worth it. You can rent a sloop or canoe yourself and sail the canals on your own or take a seat in one of the larger tour boats. Burgundians can enjoy their heart in Ghent. Pubs with names like 't Galgenhuisje, De Dulle Griet and the Waterhuis on Bierkant sell many different Belgian beers. It is very worthwhile to taste good during your visit.
- You can book up to 15 hours before the departure time of the tour;
- Departure on Thursday, Friday, saturday, Sunday and Mondayat 8:30 AM.
- Christmas Markets: Bruges 22 November 2019 to 5 January 2020, Brussels 29 November 2019 to 5 January 2020 and Ghent 6 December 2019 to 5 January 2020.
- Adults: from
€ 275,00for € 210,00 p.p.;
- Children: € 137,50 p.c. (child rates apply for children from 4 to 12 years);
- All prices on our website are per person, unless stated otherwise.
- Duration of the tour: aprox. 13 hours.
Departure & pick-up information
- Departure on Thursday, Friday, saturday, Sunday and Monday at 8:30 AM.;
- You must be present at least 15 minutes before departure;
- There are 3 pick-up locations you can choose from:
- Johan Cruijff ArenA (Station Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA) in front of the Burger King, Hoogoordplein 604, 1102 DS Amsterdam. Check the location in Google Maps here;
- Schiphol Airport Departure Hall 3. The shuttle bus that goes from your hotel to schiphol airport will drop you off between arrival hall 3 and 4. If you go inside and go to the first floor with the elevator or stairs, you will arrive at departure hall 3. You will be picked up at door A for your tour. We can be recognized by a sign with our logo.
- If you want to be picked up from your accommodation or location, enter the pick-up address on the booking form. Your pick-up time will be communicated by email 12-14 hours before the departure time. If you did not get this confirmation email, please contact us 12 hours before departure of your tour +31 202200155. Please check your SPAM box before contacting us and make sure your telephone number is correct.
- These are small-group tours that have a longer duration than other tour operators. We also offer a free bottle of water and a traditional Dutch snack per person during all tours and for the children there is an extra free traditional snack;
- Weather or no weather, we are always prepared for you to enjoy your tour. That is why we always have umbrellas and rain ponchos with us;
- Meals are not included in the tour.